The Young Masters Art Prize, Young Masters Maylis Grand Ceramics Prize & the newly inaugurated Young Masters Emerging Woman Art Prize and Be Smart About Art Prize were announced in June 2017 at Gallery 8, 8 Duke Street, St. James’s, London.
YOUNG MASTERS ART PRIZE
Established in 2009, and now in its fourth edition, the Young Masters Art Prize celebrates contemporary artists who reimagine the art of the past for the future.
About the Prizes:
- Winner’s Prize of £2,000 generously given by Dr Chris Blatchley
- Two Highly Commended Awards of £500, courtesy the Artists’ Collecting Society (ACS)
- A new Be Smart About Art Award of mentoring and professional development, worth £500
2017 Prize Winners:
- Young Masters Art Prize Winner: Azita Moradkhani
- Highly Commended: Laura Hospes
- Highly Commended: Tamara Al-Mashouk
- Be Smart About Art Award: Katie Spragg
YOUNG MASTERS MAYLIS GRAND CERAMICS PRIZE
Recognising contemporary artists who respond to the heritage of ceramic craft.
Prizes, generously given by James and Maylis Grand, include:
- A Winner’s Prize of £1,500
- A Highly Commended Award of £500
YOUNG MASTERS EMERGING WOMAN ART PRIZE
We are also proud to announce a new strand of the prize to profile and reward the work of an emerging female artist.
Prizes, generously given by Dr Chris Blatchley, include:
- A Winner’s Prize of £1,000
- Two Highly Commended Prizes of £250
2017 Prize Awards: